Wednesday 2 April 2014

WHAT A DIFFERENCE APPLICATION MAKES... JOUER MATTE MOISTURE TINT


This base did the rounds of the blogging kingdom quite awhile back.  Since it had matte in it's name, I had to buy it.  I had high hopes for this base, as it was beloved by seemingly everyone in the blogging kingdom.  When I initially got this I was using the Real Techniques Buffing brush to apply it, and almost immediately I felt it was a shade too dark for me.  
I also did not feel it was mattifying in any way and that it didn't adhere to my skin properly.  I was disappointed but I figured it just didn't suit my skin type and it was the wrong shade.  This clearly was not the base of my dreams.

Fast forward to beginning of March and I needed a foundation I could apply with my fingers in a hurry.  I don't know why but I reached for this and boy I am glad I did.  Using my fingers this blended into my skin like a dream and the colour match seemed much better.  I'm thinking here that the warmth in my fingers warmed up the base and got it going.  The coverage this tinted moisture offers is fuller than other tinted moisturisers that I've tired, which makes it idea for days where my skin looks abit crap but I don't want to wear a full coverage foundation.  I really feel now I know how this base works best on me that it will be a spring/summer staple.  As I said although the coverage is a littler fuller, it still manages to retain the consistency of a tinted moisturiser and feels light on the face.  Though is claims to be matte, the finish is not truly matte, it does leave a sheen of radiance come through.  It does have good oil control and seems to wear evenly.  It lasts about 5-6 hours on me before I need to re-apply or powder.  That's another great thing about this base, it can be reapplied on the areas it has worm off of, without becoming cakey or patchy in comparison to the rest of my face.  Score.

I cannot believe the difference application can make to finish, colouring and lasting power of a foundation.  I will admit to being a makeup brush snob before this experience, but using my fingers and loving the results has delighted my lazy side!  It has also ignited my curiosity about different application methods for different foundations.  In the future I won't be so hesitant to get stuck in and get my hands (or fingers at least) dirty!

Let me know if you have had a similar experience with any bases/foundations?  Fill me in on the best application methods you have discovered for your favourite bases/foundations.  I hope everyone is having a great day.

Jouer Matte Mositure Tint available here from Cult Beauty £30

No comments:

Post a Comment