Friday 4 April 2014

THE BODY SHOP SCRUMPTIOUS CLEANSING BUTTER


The cleansing balm trend is one that shows no sign of slowing down.  The two most talked about must be the Eve Lom and Emma Hardy versions.  I haven't tried the Eve Lom version, but I will join the chorus singing Emma Hardys praise.  At €40 it isn't cheap.  I've been looking for a cheaper balm cleanser for everyday makeup removal.


Along came this baby.  It has a more waxy consistency than Emma Hardy, but melts so beautifully and dissolves make up easily, even eye make up with no irritation or stinging.  It has a really mild natural scent of camomile to it.  I use a muslin cloth to remove it.  This cleanser leaves my skin feeling clean and soft.  This is one of the only cleansers that hasn't left my skin feeling tight or doesn't strip my skin after rinsing it off, that alone would be enough to wow me, but wait there's more goodness in that round metal tin.  It hasn't broken out my combination skin, moisturising the dry outer areas of my face and cleansing and balancing the middle oilier parts of my face.  It doesn't leave a residue or film behind after washing it away.

This cleansing balm comes recommended by skincare guru Caroline Hirons and now whole heartily by me too.  This cleansing balm/butter is €14.95 for 90mls here, not the cheapest but a good deal I think.  If you were thinking of dipping your toe in the cleansing balm pool, this is one to do it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment