Friday 25 April 2014

MINI BEAUTY HAUL


Apologies that I haven't posted here in more than a week.  Life getting in the way but hopefully I'm back into the swing of things now.  I managed to pick up a few beauty items that have been doing the rounds of the blogging kingdom and give them a whirl.


Collection Work the Colour Nude Eye Palette.  This has eight eye shadows and a cream highlighter.  There are three light base shades, two medium crease shades and three dark smoky shades.  The quality of these eye shadows is surprisingly good for a drug store palette.  I did need to pack pack pack it on but they wear really well and did last all day on me.  I also have their smoky eye version of this which is also great.  The packaging of this is cardboard which isn't the best for durability, but at about €6 it is such good value for money don't let the cheapness of the packaging put you off!  I can't find this on the boots.ie website, however I'm sure there was loads of them at the Collection stands in store in four different variations, if you see them get one you won't regret it.

The new L'Oreal Glam Bronze in 00 blond sun, is the latest matte offering to land on the high street.  I thought this would be good for contouring and bronzing, but alas it is slightly too orange on me for contouring.  I like it for bronzing it gives a light glow.  When I was buying this the only other shade available was 06 which I thought might be too dark for me, and that one was definitely on the ashier side than 00 which is on the warmer side.  I can't find this on the Boots.ie website and I can't remember how much it was either.  My advice with this is if you want to use it was a bronzer go for 00 and if you want to contour and sculpt go for the darker shades. 

This Bourjois 123 Perfect CC cream has been getting a lot of love from me since the weather has gotten better.  I can't believe how good this base is, it surprised me.  It comes out almost like water in texture, but the evenness and colour correction it provides is like a medium to full coverage without feeling heavy on my skin.  There are about five shades of this, I got this in 31 Ivory the lightest shade which is a good match for me.

I managed to get my hands on Oh Mr Darcy! from Rimmel Salon Pro nail polish range.  Anna from viviannadoesmakeup spoke about it here.  I have no idea if it is in fact a dupe for Chanel frenzy, but it is a great shade.  I really like the formula and the brush on these polishes.

I picked up the Revlon Highlighting Palette in 030 bronze glow, which is a clear dupe for the Bobbi Brown Shimmer bricks.  At €42 I don't use highlighter enough to justify the price tag, but at €12 I thought I would give the concept a go.  As I suspected this is seriously shimmery.  It also has some blusher properties on my fair skin so it comes up as a super shimmery peach blusher/highlighter.  I do like this but more for an evening time look if I'm honest.  Also the shades in it look similar to the Naked 3, so I'm going to give this a go as eye shadow and report back.

I picked up the Sleek Eyebrow Stylist in 718 dark.  This is the latest high street addition to the eyebrow trend.  It also seems to be dupe for the Hourglass one in design?  It has a waxy consistency to it and the colour is an ash brown, but I haven't used it enough to formulate an opinion on it.  It be seen here, at sleekmakeup.com for €7.49.  I also got a Pout Polish from them as I thought they were a cheek/lip product.  Maybe they are but the colour I picked up 963 bare minimum comes up translucent on my skin and has way too much glitter in it to use on the face.  It smells like vanilla though and is nice as a lipgloss.  

Let me know below if you've done a haul lately, I'm always free for a haul!  I hope everyone is having a really good day.  



No comments:

Post a Comment