Monday 31 March 2014

MARCH FAVOURITES


This favourites has a bit of everything makeup, skincare, and beauty tools.  On the skincare front I've been using The Body Shop Scrumptious Cleansing Butter, which is their version of a balm cleanser, and it's great.  I have even been using it instead of the Emma Hardy Amazingness face to remove my makeup and its been doing a damn good job.  
Full review to following during the week.  La Roche Posay Cicaplast baume b5 has really impressed me, it has helped clear up dry patches that appeared on the inside of my upper arms.  The Cupcake Mask from Lush was an unexpected hit for me and the scent is heaven, it smells like chocolate fairy cakes.

Jouer Matte Moisture Tint is a rediscovery for me, applying this base a different way made all the difference for me.  After shunning eye-liner for an age, I've fallen off the wagon again and am back sporting it again.  Rimmel Scandaleyes waterproof kohl kajal in 001 black works well both on the lid and the waterline.  I bought another one for my little handbag makeup bag recently I love it that much.  I have been loving shakedown from the Urban Decay Shattered Face Case (pictured above first grey shade), it is a grey/brown shade with a hint of shimmer running through it.  As I have been loving barely there matte eyeshadow lately, this shadow paired with the Rimmel black liner creates the perfect smokey eye, this is a change for me, and  is definitely not season appropriate!  Ah well!  

My last two favourites are beauty tools.  These eye lash curlers are from Kiko.  I haven't been blown away by this specific pair, but they reintroduced me to curling my lashes and I haven't been able to stop since, I had forgotten the difference it makes!  I'm tempted to try the legendary Shu Uemura ones.  This Zoeva Kabuki Foundation brush has become my go to brush for medium to full coverage liquid foundations (I know that sounds very specific, but most of my daily foundations are this consistency!).  At €12 it is a good cheaper alternative to the Real Techniques Buffing brush.

Let me know if you have a favourites post I can go and check out.  Favourites posts/videos tend to be the main source of enablement (? Is that even a word, if not it should be in the beauty kingdom!) for me to beauty shop and I basically love 'em.  If you have tried the Shu Uemura eyelash curlers let me know your verdict, before I go and spend about €30 on them.  If you have tried a cheaper alternative or a dupe that you think does an even better job please let me know.  I really hope everyone is having a great day and that Spring has arrived where ever you might be.   

No comments:

Post a Comment