Friday 14 March 2014

RECENT PURCHASES


Here are a few bits that I've picked up over the past few weeks.  A few of these I have tried already so I'll give my first impressions.


Essie Fall Collection
This nail polish duo feautres bahama mama and chinchilly.  I really like these colours together or on their own.  Bahama mama is a berry pink colour.  Chinchilly is a grey brown with purple undertones.  I love these but they are definitely more winter colours, and wouldn't you know since I got them the sun has started shining, spring has arrived.

Essie Nail Polish in Masterplan
This is a beautiful nail polish.  I bought it after seeing Anna from viviannadoesmakeup talk about it.  It is similar to chinchilly but is lighter and definitely more grey, understated and classy is the way I would describe it.  Quickly becoming one of my favourite nail polishes.

Stila Into the Light palette
Another neutral palette, they are the weakness of all beauty lovers I think.  This one is no exception, the shades are beautiful and they all compliment one another.  They are buttery soft and they colour pay off is great.  There are mostly shimmery shades in this palette, but I found they have looked really great since the weather has gotten better, they look bronze and summery (is that even a word?!).  A great neutrals palette, full review to follow.

Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation
I picked this up on offer in my local pharmacy for €5.99, the entire line of new matte bases that Rimmel has launched was, so it would have been rude and uneconomic of me not to pick all three up, because really I would have ended up buying them all anyway at some point.  If it says matte on the packaging of any makeup I will end up buying it.  I have only used this once and on application I did find it a bit thick.  This thickness does not translate to thick coverage, as the coverage is medium I would say, however I found it difficult to blend and it did feel a little heavy.  As I said the coverage was medium and I'm OK with that, but if I am going to go to the bother of really buffing in a heavy foundation and put up with a heavy base all day, I at least expect a decent coverage pay off for my efforts.  It is not a truly matte finish it does give some radiance which I like.  The mattifying power of this was OK, nothing exceptional, and if I remember the lasting power wasn't amazing either.  I am going to give this foundation a proper test and report back.  Let me know if you have tried this and what you thought of it?

Garnier Micellar Water
The highstreet has jumped on the micellar bandwagon and about time too.  This is a lovely micellar water.  I have been using this for about two weeks and as of yet I have no ill effects to report.  

Rimmel Salon Pro Kate Nail Polish in 711 Punk Rock
I have just realised that this is another grey nail polish.  Does anyone else to that?  Go through phases of unknowingly buying everything in one colour?  This is a different grey anyway so really its OK.  I love the formula and finish of these nail polishes.  I love Kate Moss.  Match made in makeup heaven.  This is really dark, almost black looking grey.  Not great for the summer but I love grey!

I will do a full review of each of these and let you know what I think of them.  If you have tried any of these let me know what you think of them.  If you have a post haul related please put the link to your blog in the comments, I would love to check it out.  I'm always free for a haul!  I hope everyone is having a lovely day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment