Friday 28 March 2014

ZOEVA BRUSHES


I decided to pick up a few of these brushes after hearing Lily Pebbles talk about them.  I wanted to try another budget brush brand (try saying that five times fast!) other than Real Techniques.  I picked up four, a kabuki foundation brush, a slanted cheek brush and two different size face definer brushes.
 The quality of these brushes feel like more than the budget price, they feel well put together and weighty in the hand.


104 Buffer Brush €12.50
A dense flat topped kabuki brush.  Makes easy work of blending in medium to full coverage liquid foundations.  I have been reaching for this more than my beloved R.T. buffing brush, I never thought that would happen.  I wouldn't use this brush for lighter liquid foundations or tinted moisturisers though because it seems to soak them up, which means I will probably use this brush less in the summer.  Definite staple in the making though.

127 Luxe Sheer Cheek Brush €11.50
This is a slanted blusher brush.  As the name suggests it for a sheer application of blush.  Great for pigmented blush when only a wash of colour is required.  Creates a light natural wash of colour.  I found it difficult to get the lighter colours of blush to apply with his brush however.

101 Luxe Face Definer €17.50
This was the most expensive and the most disappointing brush.  It is a very large fluffy tapered brush.  The fluffiness of the fibres making up the brush make the tapered end bend and get misshapen easily which totally defeats the purpose of a tapered brush, which for me is precision application of power product.  It is also too large for precision application.  I didn't find it great for contouring but maybe I can use it for bronzer.  Disappointing.

105 Luxe Highlight €11.50
A smaller version of the above brush, or so I thought.  It isn't as tapered, but is denser.  Good for highlighter and contouring.  A similar brush to the R.T. Contour brush.



Overall I like these brushes, some of them weren't suitable for what I thought I could use them for but hey that's internet shopping.  I will definitely find other uses for the two face defining brushes.  A good budget brand brush company that do a wide variety of shapes and sizes is no bad thing for me, I will definitely be picking up a few more.  


No comments:

Post a Comment