Wednesday 26 February 2014

Empties



Here are some of the empties out of my bag of rubbish that I've been storing away like a mad hamster.  I need to throw it away so here's a start.





Liz Earle cleanse and polish 100ml (€16.00):
A great cream cleanser.  Not so rich it leaves a residue but has a light fresh consistency.  It didn't feel too creamy for the oily areas of my combination skin.  There is a nice natural scent to it.  I reach for this when my skin is sensitive, inflamed or sore because I know it won't make things get worse.  I always go back to this when I don't know what to use.  I currently use this in the morning.

La Roche Possay Physiological Eye Make-Up Remover (€13.49):
I really like this eye make up remover.  It has the consistency of water.  Is gentle on the eyes, doesn't sting and doesn't leave a greasy residue.  My test of an eye make up remover is to remove Benefit They're real mascara.  It took off most of it.  It takes off eyeliner, waterproof liner, eyeshadow and eye primer easily.  If you don't wear waterproof mascara all the time and have sensitive eyes this could be a goodie.  I repurchased it, enough said.

Nuxe Crème Fraîche moisturing rebalancing emulsion (€31.20):
I found this an effective moisture for my combination skin.  It is quite rich so it is better for night use or for extra hydration during the winter.  It isn't so rich that it breaks me out. It didn't leave me feeling greasy in the morning but my skin felt softer, more supple, like it had taken moisture in and locked it in.  I liked it so much I cut it in half to get it all out.  I didn't get bored with this at all.  A bit expensive at full price for an extra fiver you could give the triology one a go.




Vichy Eau Thermal (free with set. 150ml for €9.99):
This is water in a can.  I got it in a set, I used it up and I won't repurchase it.  It's water in a can!!  I live on an island surrounded by water so I'm good for water thanks. I used this after toning then stopped.  Water sprayed onto your face gets evaporated by air drying out your skin more.  Boo.

Caudalie Beauty Elixir 30ml (€14.25):
I love this, I don't love it, I use it, I don't use it again for ages.  I have repurchased it two further times so I must like it.  I've read that it's not the best for skin as it's full of alcohol.  It is really refreshing and smells great, also I've never noticed it to cause any worsining of my skin issues.  I feel that products with ingredients such as mint, alovera, eucalyptus improve my skins clarity, but some of it's other ingredients are are a bit dodge it shouldn't be, I dunno?  When I am using this I use it as a toner in the morings.  I will repurchase.

Have you tried any of these products?  If you have let know what you think.  If you have any alternatives to the products above also let me know, I love to try anything new.


No comments:

Post a Comment