Thursday 13 February 2014

Quick Fix Facials



When I picked this up in TK Maxx I had never heard of this brand.  The promise of brightening at reasonable price sucked me in.  When I got home
buyers remorse set in.  I decided I wasn't going to use a product from a brand I had never heard of that cost €6.25.  I worried it might might break me out or irritate my skin.  I'm ashamed to admit it but I judged it on price and the garish packaging, so I banished it.  Then a few months ago beauty blogger Lily Pebbles spoke about a different product from Quick Fix Facials.  I watch and follow Lily religiously and she knows her stuff so if she liked it it must be good.  I began to soften towards it.  A few weeks ago I tried it and boy am I glad I did.  This is a great mask.

It is a clear transparent mask with a gel consistancey.  When applied to the face it becomes tacky and adheres to the face well so no dripping off.  It is cooling on the face.  There a fruity smell to this mask, the smell is a bit artificial for my taste but it's not bad or off putting.  This mask made my face tingle a little, nothing irritating or telling on my face, which I liked to be honest it felt like it was really working.  If you have sensitive skin maybe avoid this mask as my skin is quite tough and doesn't react to much.  After ten minutes it dries and you peel off the mask.  This is where it gets a little strange.  You can peel this mask off in sections.  It is like peeling off layers of skin and is not for the weaker stomachs amoung us.  It is horror movie stuff or alien goo!  It can also be washed off with a face cloth and warm water.

After washing this off I followed up with the rest of my night routine; toner and moisturiser.  The next morning my skin looked significantly improved.  It was smoother in texture on the surface, my blemishes were reduced and my pores seemed less visible.  It really did brighten my skin, my skin just seemed clearer.  The results weren't temporary either, as I know some of these types of masks are designed to be a quick fix for special occasions or events and results fade.  I feel this is helping keep my skin clear generally and have taken to using it once a week.

For the price of this mask the results are really good.  I don't know how good or bad the ingredients are (bad beauty buff, I know) but the results to me are obvious so I'm gonna keep with it.  I'm now gonna look out for more Quick Fix Facial products.  Have you tried Quick Fix Facials before?  If you have any recommendations please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment