Wednesday 26 February 2014

Haul Time



So this happened.  I have read so much about the new Smashbox Full exposure palette it had to be mine.  All the blogs that had it featured had beautiful
photos of it and said the combination of looks are endless.  It was the seven matte shades that sucked me in.  I'm going through a matte shadow phase at the moment and it's like Smashbox heard me calling!  Basically any excuse to justify adding another palette to my stash.  I'll share my thoughts once I've dipped into it a bit.

I also picked up a black and white floral dress, a black and white knitted chunky cardigan and a black and white pair geometric printed trousers from H&M.  A little piece of each is pictured above.  H&M is not a shop I usually go for but their stuff is current and cheaply priced.  I'm not sure if I can pull off the pants but they were only €12.95 so I thought its worth a go!




I picked up the Smashbox Try it kit that has five minis of their best selling products it was €22.00, which I thought was a good way to see what Smashbox have to offer.  The only other makeup product I've tried from them is their brow tech to go, which I love.




It was 3 for 2 in Boots as well so I picked up three neon nail polishes from Collection and their Work the colour eye shadow palette in Smokey Eyes (€5.95).




I have heard so much about the Topshop Glow highlighter in polished (€14.00) that I picked it up and I can tell you already that it lives up to its name.  I got two lipsticks in innocent and beehive again I've heard good things and I can't really believe I haven't tried them before?  Maybe it was the price that turned me off.  €12 each, that's almost the same as a Mac Lipstick!  All in the name of research (ahem!).




I also picked up these brushes in H&M.  The one on top is a BB cream/foundation brush in a kabuki style (€6.95).  I think it's going to a bit small for bases but should work great for cream blusher.  The other two are eye shadow brushes.  I thought the white handle with the rose gold trimming looked more expensive than it was at €3.95 each.  I will let you know how they fair after a bit.  I also picked up this black leatherette pouch as well (€6.95).  It's the perfect size for a handbag makeup bag I thought.


Let me know if you've picked up anything recently, I'm always free for a haul!










No comments:

Post a Comment